FantasyCreation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FantasyCreation

For all things fantasy! Register to join in!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightflame
Traveller
Traveller
Nightflame

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 11:35 am

Give me some suggestions on funny/cute/epic anime to watch?
<3
Back to top Go down
TsumetaiRob
Robbuffet
TsumetaiRob

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 8:58 am

Fairy tail or monochrome factor
Back to top Go down
Nightflame
Traveller
Traveller
Nightflame

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 12:44 pm

I'll have to check them out. Smile Thanks!
If you think of any more just write them all down xD
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010, 4:35 pm

Everyone's talking about Fairy Tail now. I READ THIS AGES AGO.
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 5:15 pm

HETALIA AXIS POWERS: Trust me you will love!!!!

You might like Special A. Its kind of like Ouran, not quite as good but funny as heck all the same.

TSUBASA CHRONICLES!!!!! I <3 Fai!!! and Kurogane......and most definitly Shaoran and Sakura!!
And I can't forget Monoka tooooo!!!....and Watanuki and Yuko. Its just amazing!!!! I <3 Clamp!
Back to top Go down
TsumetaiRob
Robbuffet
TsumetaiRob

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 8:51 am

i started watching fairy tail when it first came out

and found the manga when i switched reading sites, so i read the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 10:36 am

Hetalia does look really funny and my Canadian friend wants me to watch it too, but I just can't get into it when it's all in Japanese. Having to read the subtitles and missing the majority of the actual anime is too distracting, so maybe when there's a dubbed version I'd watch it.

Apart from the ones listed here, I don't know very many others that you might like. xD
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 10:47 am

The subtitles make you miss the anime O_o?
I can't remember that happening, but then again I'm a fast reader. I do remember Bethany mentioning something about it first of all that she had to keep pausing it but she is all right now!!!!
I think you get used to it as you go along, but I've always watched subtitled things (I like spanish movies lol) So it has never bothered me Smile

And you should watch it because it is amazing!!!!!! You'd like Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 2:26 pm

No, it's not that I can't read it quick enough. I prefer to sit there and watch the pictures/animation and LISTEN to what they're saying, not spending half my time looking at and reading the subtitles and missing the action going on in the actual animation. I'm more of a visual person.
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 2:52 pm

Thats the whole point of not reading it fast enough. If you can read it in a glance you don't miss the action :/. At least I think thats what your on about. I've never at least missed the action before, it only tkaes a glance to look at the subs and I can generally see it in one go. Each to her own though I suppose. I admire you for being able to sit through the Dubs I can't stand them. The voices make me go insaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee - apart from full metal and inuyasha - those dubs are quite good. elephant elephant elephant

I forgot to mention, I don't know how good it is but there is also a manga, so if you dont want to wait for subs there is always a quick fix Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

I only think dubs are bad if the company dubbing it has not done their research and doesn't have a very good reputation when it comes to decent translations. If I'm honest, sometimes they make me cringe when they try to replicate some of the enthusiasm that Japanese voice actors (and the Japanese in general) have, but that also makes me cringe too. So yeah, I don't see what the problem is. A lot of the hype over dubs being worse is due to the majority of anime fans that are Japanese wannabes who shout nothing but "KAWAII!" and "DESU!" all the time, and saying dubs suck makes them seem more knowledgeable on Japanese culture and language. They basically worship it. But that's not to say I mean all anime fans, of course; I'm just generalising as this is always the impression I seem to get whenever I hear someone go 'OMG dubs suck. DESU.'
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 1:46 pm

Lol never heard anybody say 'omg dubs suck, DESU.'
Although that would be funny.
And I don't see what is wrong with people running around and saying Kawaii, whatever floats your boat. The reason that I usually watch in sub is because quite a lot of anime's don't actually have dub yet. And I think it is better -only my opinion though- because it does help you learn the language at the same time and the reason I think Dubs in general suck (except Full metal and a few others) is because generally the voice actors such and the accents are too harsh and mispronounce Japanese names - I have heard some people who watch dubs mispronounce some of them and I have to sit there and try to figure out which vowel they are putting too much pressure on. Also in English it just reminds me too much of a cartoon rather than a slightly maturer anime, because they miss loads out of the dub usually. Its just a matter of opinion.
Besides so what if people are passionate about what they love and feel the need to ejaculate random words in other peoples languages? Some people clearly take this enthusiasm to learn the wrong way and find it annoying but I find it extremely endearing - although some people make me want to strangle them.

Oh and on the knowledgeable part, I think you'll find that most hardcore anime fans (not all because some are unfortunately just followers of the crowd) don't think there better at the culture and language because they watch anime in sub -not being funny though, if they are exposed to the language all the blooming time they are going to pick it up slowly, its stupid to think that they won't-, it would be because they do extra research outside of the anime - Like myself, which is why I get so worked up when people tell me i'm mispronouncing Japanese words, when I have learnt them lots of times over and they are just saying it on whim with out any actual experience. It doesn't help that I have low confidence in some of my abilities to begin with - evil people -.- evil brother, evil bastaro.
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

Lol that's exactly what I meant. I was generalising and of course, I don't mean the more hardcore fanbase who take it seriously. But people who just do it for the sake of it and think it's cool, like following a trend, then yeah, it annoys me because they don't take it seriously enough and they get it wrong and all they think it's doing is making them look cool or 'kawaii' as some of them would put it. Granted I've never met anyone like this in person, it's usually on the internet and I know it's difficult to interpret things exactly as they were meant to be interpretted online, but a lot of the ones I've seen really can't speak more than those two Japanese words because they aren't bothering to pick up the language when they do watch subs - if they do at all, because they then go on to get things wrong about said anime they are supposed to be hardcore fans of. These are the people I was referring to when I mentioned those who think they're better. It's like when I was over Simon's once. He was talking to a girl on MSN who claimed she's lived in Japan her entire life, yet didn't speak a word of Japanese apart from kawaii and desu and other simple phrases. She claimed she was heavily into anime, yet didn't know what manga was and argued there were no readable versions ever, and couldn't even name 5 of her 'favourite' anime. These are the people I'm on about, who clearly don't have a clue what they're on about but are just trying to follow the crowd, as you said.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weeaboo
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 9:48 am

Lol I know.
I laugh at Weeaboo, Chris tried to call me that before.
I told him I couldn't possibly be one because I don't think Japan is better than us in everything just some stuff.

I prefer the term Waponese - it souds funnier rabbit

Ruin, Ruin...England agrees with you on the 'learned' vs 'learnt' XD

Anime suggestions Fv1_004
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime suggestions   Anime suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FantasyCreation :: Anime and Manga :: Anime and Manga :: Anime-