FantasyCreation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FantasyCreation

For all things fantasy! Register to join in!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing as a hobby?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightflame
Traveller
Traveller
Nightflame

Writing as a hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Writing as a hobby?   Writing as a hobby? I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:53 am

How many people like writing here and what do you like to write?
Also, why do you write?
Back to top Go down
Rawer_101
Wise Man
Wise Man
Rawer_101

PostSubject: Re: Writing as a hobby?   Writing as a hobby? I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 4:34 pm

Writing is meh life...that and really good cheese. Yeah I'm simple.
I write everything from travel guides to horror stories (my personal fav) to epi fiction to Fanfiction to Roleplays to writers tennis to (sometimes) romance to comedy to (bad but hilarious) poetry to short stories to (hopefully) novels to profiles to Haiku to scripts to diaries to profiles to advice to the history of Cardiff and to Supernatural.
Can't think of anymore at this present time but there is...there is.

I would love to be really deep and say I write because that is the only way I can express my true person and who I am. But I'm me all the time, to the point that I offend people with my me-ness.
I write because I love English and I love writing. Its as simple as that. I love writing so much it is the only thing I use food analogies on -apart from turkey voice man... he doesn't count.
I wish to write books and create things to inspire children through childhood and invoke their imagination, because sometimes that's all you have and to make people laugh and cry and live together with the characters that I make and all that ship.

Yeah...I just like writing.
Back to top Go down
Ruin
Admin
Admin
Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Writing as a hobby?   Writing as a hobby? I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 2:09 pm

I mostly like to write roleplays because I'm too lazy to ever write one whole novel-length story by myself, and I lack so much imagination/creativity that it's nice to have someone there that you can conspire with. I mean, create ideas with. Yeah.
Plus I like being able to focus on one aspect of the roleplay, such as a particular character, and then the suspense that comes with waiting for your partner's replies. I just like being able to write from a character's point of view, and then see how other characters perceive things. Kind of like every day social interactions, except I'm very nervous about stuff like that, while with writing I can be more open about things. Except relationships. Which is why I don't really write romance. I much prefer action, sci-fi, fantasy (particularly of the medieval kind), and especially horror. Since I lack creativity, I'm better at writing fanfiction than completely original stories (because I will tend to rip off other ideas for these 'original' ones, but only if I'm writing just for fun), and I enjoy the challenge of trying to portray the characters as close to the canon as possible, as well as just exploring plot holes and all kinds of other possibilities that were left out of the canon.
I just like writing because it's something to do. Because I had no other way to record all the crazy ideas I had when I was younger that I wanted to add onto canon storylines. And also because sometimes I like to imagine myself in those stories, doing things you can't in the real world. And that sounds so cliche.
Back to top Go down
Nightflame
Traveller
Traveller
Nightflame

PostSubject: Re: Writing as a hobby?   Writing as a hobby? I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 10:31 am

I write lyrics, fanfiction and original stories. Some of my stories are short, some of them are long and some are novels. I can't write poetry to save my life though, or anything that I find boring (aka: anything factual).
I'm attempting to write a book at the moment, and I've wanted to be a novelist/author since I was about 7 or eight (thank you Mrs Jones in year three, thank you so, so much), which is the reason why I write.
I try and write every night, but ,for all of you that know me, I'm a professional procrastinator and will find something to distract me most nights.
I tend to write stories based on teenagers and usually with a supernatrual theme. For my book I've also been researching a lot, which is something I believe every writer should do. Authenticity, even if you have magic and vampires etc. goes a long way.
I'm such a weird person, I love writing and it's like a dictionary is flowing around in my bloodstream with random words shouting "Use me!!!" and I'm like "No, Floccinaucinihilipilification, what place do you have?". It's gotten to the point where I sleep with a notebook and pen under my pillow/beside my bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing as a hobby?   Writing as a hobby? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing as a hobby?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FantasyCreation :: Fun Zone :: Hobbies & Intereste-
Jump to: